I purchased my proform smart 500 from a reputable retailer in November 2019. This machine is as advertised as being able to handle a 15 degree incline and rated for users up to 300lbs.

From the very first time I got on the machine the belt would slip and override the motor when on an incline. As instructed in the accompanying literature I did not contact the retailer, I contacted proform (Icon Fitness). Other than the long wait customer service was understanding. They replaced all of the components, basically a new machine.

Same problem. The technicians they sent out told me that the control board in this machine is not designed to prevent the belt from slipping on incline. Called proform customer service again and was told that the product is working as designed. By this time I am outside of the retailers return policy.

I tell Icon Fitness I want my money back, and they refuse to stand behind their product insisting that I have to return it to retailer-exactly opposite of what all the accompanying literature says. They insist that the machine is working as designed and that if I wanted a machine that would work at incline I should have purchased an incline trainer. I now have a $1600.00 paper weight.

I could throw it on Craig's List, but then I'm just as unethical as Icon Fitness. If anyone is filing a class action suit against this company please let me know, I am in.

Product or Service Mentioned: Proform Treadmill.

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Icon Health and Fitness Cons: Defective product, Bad customer service.

Comments