I ordered a NordicTrack Elliptical a few months ago, the Pathfinder. The machine itself provides a great workout. It is smooth at normal speeds, but if you get going at a fast pace it can start to lose its balance. The incline and resistance options are a big plus. The assembly took me around two hours tops. It is heavy, so plan on having multiple people involved when moving it.

The warranty is a complete scam. Right out of the box one of the shocks made an outrageous amount of noise, so I thought it should be replaced since it was brand new. I called and they talked me into the 5 year warranty, as it really does appear to make sense in the long run. Unfortunately, this was the first mistake I made. They use Icon Health & Fitness for any repairs, or lack thereof.

Sadly, Icon Health & Fitness should be convicted of fraud. After I contacted them for the replacement parts, they send a technician out within only 3 weeks to look at the machine. Of course he did not have the shock with him, so it was ordered, or backordered rather. Unfortunately, even after two months, the part is still "˜out of stock'. It seems to me that the whole warranty was nothing but a scam; they will do nothing to actually repair a machine. They have never even been capable of providing me with an ETA for the replacement shock.

To sum it up, the machine itself is good. Should you ever have any issues it, you are pretty much on your own. Finding a quality machine with an actual warranty would be well worth the money, anything by a subsidiary of Icon Health & Fitness is not it. There is no repair service even on new machines.

Had an Experience with Icon Health and Fitness?

Comments

NordicTrack

Dear CCSunny,

My name is Brady and I work for NordicTrack.If you are still in need of assistance, please send me an email to onlinesupport@iconfitness.com.

Please include your review and username for reference.

I am happy to lend a hand.If anybody else needs assistance, please send me an email.